There is no more important nutrient to the human body than Essential Fatty Acids- commonly referred to as EFA’s. Without them, your skin would dry out, your brain would stop functioning and your nervous system would shut down.
And 90% of people are EFA deficient from eating a “normal everyday diet”. Yes, you read that correctly.
What are EFA’s?
EFA’s are fats needed by your body to control cellular processes. Our bodies cannot manufacture these fats by themselves but they are incredibly important to your health. Physiologically speaking, there are two “essential” fatty acids, Linoleic Acid (LA) and Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA). There are also “derivative fatty acids’ which play their own specific roles in the maintenance of good health. They include: Gamma Linolenic Acid,(GLA) Eicosapentaenoic Acid(EPA) and Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA).
A healthy body uses LA and ALA to produce other fatty acids, which, in turn, produce a host of beneficial compounds called eicosanoids. Daily supplementation with GLA, ALA, EPA and DHA is the best way to ensure that you receive the health-protecting benefits of essential fatty acids.
Now that you know how important EFA’s are to everyday functioning, how do you get them in your daily diet? And how do you best maximize their usage to improve your health and fitness? The only way they can be obtained is through select food and nutritional supplements.
Fabulously Fit Over 40 gets them in these specific ways:
- Udo’s Oil in protein shakes and salads (GLA)-2-4 Tablespoons a day
- Multi Spectrum EFA Capsule Formulation (GLA-ALA-EPA and DHA) -8-12 Capsules a day
- Coconut Oil-last meal is usually cooked with 2-3 tablespoons and it is an excellent source of MCT’s (below)
- Salmon-Cod and Sushi consumption (EPA and DHA)-4-8 Servings a week
- Muscle Pharm Combat Powder-Muscle Milk Powder and various other RTDs. Most quality MRP’s contain EFA’s (GLA-ALA-EPA-DHA)
- Medium Chain Triglycerides-(MCT’s)in supplemental capsule form or liquid added to protein shakes
We encourage you to start supplementing with EFA’s for immediate improvement in skin elasticity, memory, and metabolism. Don’t be surprised to notice improved muscular and neural coordination as well.
If maximizing health and performance is your goal, you must take supplemental forms of EFAs.