Mastering the art of networking and improving personal communication skill is a necessity for attaining success in business and in life.
FFOver 40 understands this well and is happy to share our networking ‘insider secrets’ with our readers.
Many people struggle their entire lives trying to effectively communicate with their friends-loved ones and co-workers. In turbulent economic times like these, you never know when you might have to find a new job or reach out and tap a person in your professional or social networks for help, guidance and advice. Your willingness to cultivate and leverage these relationships will have a profound impact on your ability to receive help, stay in demand and remain economically viable. Tapping the power of your networks when necessary, is a skill crucial to a lifetime of continued success and happiness.
After years of sales, marketing, consulting and personal training experience working with and meeting people from all walks of life, we’ve learned it’s never about gathering business cards, shaking hands or selling anything.
To be a great networker, you have to be an AUTHENTIC HUMAN BEING.
You must convey a sense of connection, goodwill and mutual benefit to everyone you come across. You have to look people in the eye and convince them you are genuine and truly care about them as an individual.
In order to do this consistently, we believe you must master these 5 Core Skills.
- Focus –Who do you want to meet, why and for what purpose? Set up a plan, follow through and make it happen.
- Rapport-Learn about your contact via social networking searching. Be interested in them, their life and what makes them successful.
- Listen–Ask probing questions to understand what your contact truly cares about? Let them speak and listen intently.
- Relax–Just be yourself. Don’t present a false image or be nervous-intimidated or awestruck.
- Smile-Convey positive energy, overwhelming passion and striking enthusiasm in everything you say and do.
If you can strive to improve these 5 skills and be authentic with every person you come across, you will be successful in anything you decide to do. If you would like to pursue this topic further, we recommend reading this amazing book.
You can also reach out to discuss Personal Coaching with FabFitOver40 thru this link in our main navigation bar.
Be the BEST YOU at Any Age!