Today we want to discuss the optimal TRT Diet. (Testosterone Replacement Therapy)
For the guys already under the care of an endocrinologist or life extension physician, we offer some dietary rules to maximize the effectiveness of your TRT therapy.
If you’re a regular reader of this site, you know we’ve already discussed daily protein requirements, along with manipulating your insulin levels to maximize fat loss and muscle gain. Understanding these principles, should allow you to understand what were about to recommend regarding an optimal TRT Diet.
As always, make sure you understand your goal while using Testosterone Replacement Therapy. Once your specific goal is defined it’s important to adhere to the following:
- DON’T DRINK ALCOHOL AT ALL. Even alcohol in moderation will lessen the effects of HRT. Alcohol increases estrogen which is a big no-no when undergoing TRT.
- Kill SUGAR COMPLETELY and minimize Replacement Sugars. After eating sugar Testosterone levels decrease due to the release of insulin from the pancreas. The human body doesn’t need sugar. The rare exception is simple sugars immediately after an intense weight training session. Other than consuming immediately post workout-eliminate them from your life.
- Make Sure you consume a lot of Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s). You already know UDO’s and MCT Oil are great to throw in your protein shakes and on your salads. Coconut oil is also great to cook your food with. You can also consume monounsaturated fats found in nuts, olives, olive oil and avocados. Research suggests polyunsaturated fats lower testosterone levels, while monounsaturated and some saturated fats raise T levels. A diet high in EFA‘s will help to keep your body in a state of positive nitrogen retention ensuring your TRT dose is maximally utilized.
- Eat animal protein including poultry, beef and fish. Red meat is particularly good due to its levels of saturated fat and zinc, a mineral associated with higher Testosterone levels. If you can afford it, buy grass fed organic meats as they usually lack the chemicals and other estrogenic bi-products found in most grocery store meats.
- Consume cruciferous vegetables. Eating Broccoli, Cauliflower and Cabbage will help rid the body of excess estrogen. Cruciferous vegetables are high in indole-3-carbinol which is an estrogen lowering food compound. These veggies are also high in fiber which help with weight control and body fat loss.
- Supplement with Magnesium preferably in the form of Bone Up. Magnesium can significantly increase Free Testosterone levels in men. The calcium hydroxyapatite found in Bone Up improves bone mineral density and strengthens ligaments and tendons at the same time.
- Avoid anything containing Soy Protein or its various friends.
- Supplement with a Liver Protectant. We recommend Tyler’s Liver Detox. Any type of Hormone Therapy can put undue stress on the liver. Combine that with the harm men face living in large coastal population centers where they are continually bombarded by phytoestrogens from the air, plastics and processed food.
- Drink Water and preferably a Gallon or more per day. Stop drinking soda as the carbonic and phosphoric acid is HORRIBLE on your digestive track. It also plays havoc on your gums and tooth enamel. Drinking lots of water ensures proper metabolic functioning.
- Supplement with a quality Prostate Health Protectant. Even though the prostate risks are overstated when on clinical dosing protocols of TRT, it’s always better to be safe than sorry. Why not cover all your bases with the strongest OTC supplement on the market today.
- Make sure you get VITAMIN D thru sun exposure. Yes you heard that right. Get out in the sun for 10-20 minutes 3-4 days per week or visit a tanning salon that offers beds minimizing/avoiding harmful UV spectrum rays. Vitamin D is CRUCIAL to the formation of the sperm cell and to the production of natural and free testosterone.
If you are a man using TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy), following these dietary guidelines will ensure your experience is productive and positive.
Because the world is awash with normal people, many have been led to believe TRT is unhealthy and dangerous. These same folks will support their opinion with recent studies from the Harvard Medical Review proving Testosterone therapy causes Heart Attacks. Because we don’t feel the need to address any comment similar, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND you read this.
If that doesn’t challenge your mainstream media induced thought patterning, nothing ever will.
As with everything we discuss, we need your opinion to tell us how we’re doing.
Be the BEST YOU at Any Age!