Happy New Year! Hopefully you’ve read article 1 in our series.
If you are looking for FAT LOSS, follow those secrets religiously.
This article is for folks looking for the latest BODY HACK allowing them to meticulously understand and improve their current physique.
In no particular order here you go:
- Consider Intermittent Fasting (IF) for 16 hour fast windows to lose body fat fast and retain maximum muscle. If you have a lot of body fat to lose –Bullet Proof Coffee style IF–ing is not preferred over Branched Chain Amino Acids. Fat or any calories will stop lipolysis(fat burning) in its tracks. If you are going to FAST for MAXIMAL FAT LOSS, NO CALORIES!
- Get your blood work done to assess your disease risk factors and to know thyself. Track the following biomarkers closely:
- Lipid Profile(Preferably a VAP Test (Vertical Auto Profile)to understand your total cholesterol (HDL, LDL and Triglycerides). You would like LDL near 100 mg/dl and HDL over 50 mg/dl and a Triglyceride: HDL ratio of 2.
- CRP (C-reactive Protein) is a protein secreted by the liver (known as an ‘acute phase reactant’) in response to a variety of stimuli. CRP is an independent risk factor for coronary heart disease, hypertension, and type II diabetes. You want these levels down as low as possible.
- Homocysteine-elevations are associated with heart attacks and strokes. Shoot for between 5-8 micromols/L
- Hemoglobin A1C-high levels of serum glucose raise A1C levels. Strive for a level of 5 or less
- Vitamin D3 is a vital hormone involved in numerous biological processes. A deficiency is associated with insulin resistance, stroke, alzheimer’s dementia and cancer. Strive for a serum level of 50-65 ng/ml.
- Buy a Glucometer and learn how to perform a Fasting Blood Sugar(Glucose) and Glucose Tolerance Test weekly. These tests will measure your risk factors for diabetes. Learning to use a glucometer will allow you to understand and optimize your insulin sensitivity.
- Buy a Blood Pressure Cuff and learn to monitor your BP at home. High Blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Make it your personal mission to have your BP measured at 110/75 on a regular basis.
- If you are 35 years or older-have a full Hormonal Profile test done (Men) (Women) and consider Testosterone Replacement Therapy or HRT (for women). Restoring a youthful hormonal profile can dramatically improve your well being and significantly slow the aging process.
- Make the following Supplements a part of your daily protocol:
- Resveratrol (20mg daily)
- Green Tea Extract 2-3 cups daily or 900mg of extract
- Vitamin D3 (2500-10,00 I.U.)(based on your current blood level-optimally seek 50-65 ng/dl)
- Curcumin(1-2grams )one of natures super nutrients and a powerful ally in the protection against cancer and assisting healthy aging. It is also a powerful nutrient in fighting arthritis.
- Ubiquinol Kaneka QH Coenzyme Q-10 (200-300mgs a day) is clinically proven to offer powerful anti-aging benefits
- Vitamin C-(2-5grams)
- Vitamin E (Mixed Tocopherols and Tocotrienols) 500mgs
- Enteric Coated Baby Aspirin 325mg(if you’re 35 and over) Every Other Day.
- Metformin 500mgs to 2grams daily (you need a script via consulting with Dr Brett Osborn.)
- Get your Essential Fatty Acids (EFA’s) in this way:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids (3-5 grams daily from pharmaceutical grade fish oil capsule)
- Coconut Oil (2-3 tablespoons daily when cooking)
- Wild Cold Water Caught Salmon-Cod and/or Sushi consumption (1-2 Servings a week)
- Red Palm Oil 2-5 gms daily from capsules or 1-2 tablespoons daily from Pure Red Palm Oil added when cooking
- If you are on reduced calories/carbs and dieting for Maximum Fat Loss, drink an Isopure at 3-4AM when waking up to go to the bathroom. This will prevent the catabolic effects of low insulin and allow for maximum muscle retention
- Utilize once a month Active Release Technique (ART) – by a professional massage therapist as a way to improve full-body muscle elasticity and also to speed tissue recovery and healing. It will also enhance strength and flexibility
- Purchase a Monthly subscription to Mobilitywod.com so you can correctly perform maintenance on yourself via the usage of a Foam roller and/or a Beastie Ball to break up scar tissue and to relieve muscle tightness and speed recovery.
- Use Penetrex liberally on soft tissue injuries/inflammation and old and creaky joints. It dramatically speeds healing and will keep you in the gym over the long haul.
There you go!
Start using these body hacks consistently and optimal health and longevity is sure to follow.
Up next is article 3: Secrets of the Fitness Elite.
Be the BEST YOU EVER!