Today we interview former Navy SEAL-Ray Care. Ray along with Dr Brett Osborn, Monica and myself are working together with our S.O.A.R. Seminars.
Imagine a 4 day conference where you learn how to:
- Stop aging in its tracks(thru Nutrition-Supplementation and Hormone Optimization)
- Exercise at an intensity necessary to radically transform your physique
- Master the powerful mindset of the US Navy SEALS
Much more info on this GAME CHANGING seminar is coming.
After spending 5 days with ‘CASH’, saying he is an incredible man is an understatement. His life experiences are the stuff of legend. Knowing how awesome this interview was, we are supremely excited and humbled about what is to come working with him in the future. BTW…Did we tell you what kind of beast he is? Wait until you see the training video’s from our first seminar.
1. Can you give us a brief background about yourself (where you were born, how it was like growing up, education, where you lived, etc.)?
I was born in Baltimore MD. I was the kid who always wanted to compete and play sports. My father passed when I was 11 so I was raised by mom (awesome lady), where I learned to be independent and self sufficient. I attended public High school and graduated from North Carroll High School where I was Captain of the lacrosse and football team and then attended 2 years of college.
2. As a former US Navy Seal, you have a busy day to day existence. How did everything get started for you and what prompted your decision to follow these paths?
While attending the local community college I happened to pick up a book on the Elite Navy SEALs. I was amazed at the dedication and devotion that was involved with becoming a SEAL and said I could do that!!
I also LOVED the fact that only the top 1% of american men actually become Frogmen. This was my calling. This is what I was searching for!!! My internal drive was my best friend telling me I did not have the mindset for completing the task. I loved making him eat his words when he showed up at my SEAL graduation.
3. Can you tell us more about your business and how you see it evolving over the next 5-10 years? Talk about how your experience and training as a SEAL impacts your day to day life now?
In 5 or 10 years my goal is to continue to do what I love. Plain and simple!!! I want to train and share my knowledge with individuals whom want to be stronger mentally and physically. I feel that longevity of life is a formula. Strong mind + healthy body = LIFE!!!! I am super excited about forming a partnership with you, your wife and Dr O with our S.O.A.R. Seminars.
4. As an individual who lives a healthy and fit lifestyle, we’re curious, what does your daily diet look like? Do you give yourself “cheat days”?
My diet consists of the following:
- 1 whole egg
- 7 egg whites
- 2/3 cup 1 min oatmeal with 4 Splenda packs 1/8 cup salt
- Protein shake
- 1.5 scoop Optimum Nutrition ON
- 15 almonds
- 1/2 LG bananna
- 1/8 cup salt
- 5 oz chicken breast
- 5 oz broccoli
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/4 onion
- 5 oz 97% ground turkey
- 6 oz sweet potato with skin
- 4 oz asparagus
- 15 spray I can’t believe it’s not butter
- 1/4 onion
- 6 oz tilapia
- 2 big handful mixed salad
- 1/4 onion
As far as strictness, I try to stay with this meal plan Mon- Fri and allow for moderate cheat days Sat and Sun. So my answer is HELL YES I give myself cheat days
5. What does your training routine consist of? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
My workouts focus on explosive power and stamina. I will usually do 1 body part a day. I will spent 1 month with Tabata, 1 month Power, 1 month on a cross fit/ Tactical Fitness oriented type routine (log carries-soft sand runs-tire flips- axe or sledgehammer work- rope climbs).
My main focus is on cardio. I am a firm believer that a strong heart will conquer all. I like to mix up the cardio from 10 minute sprint routines to 7 mile or hour plus slow and consistent movement. I enjoy adding a 1 mile swim and Martial arts into the equation as well. I typically do 5-6 days of cardio a week and prefer to do most of the work in the sand.
6. In addition to your diet and training, do you believe in supplements? If so, which kinds do you use and what results have these given you? Feel free to discuss whatever you use. We are very blunt and brutally honest. If you are using Anti Aging Medications-that’s ok.
I believe in doing what it takes to win and yes I am on an anti-aging program with Dr Osborn. Before working with Dr O I was taking the wrong amounts/dosages and was using the incorrect materials for a longer lasting life. After training with Dr. Osborn, I flew down to Ft Lauderdale so he could draw my blood work, analyze my shortfalls and better educate me on what needed to done for a better me. I was not taking a Multi Vitamin, Zinc, or any fish oils for starters. We then changed my dosages and actually decreased the amount of material and dosages going into my body. Doc ‘O’ broke my shots of Testosterone in 1/2 and suggested taking 2 X a week. What he has done for me in improving my health has been incredible.
7. Talk about your Family. How supportive and accommodating are they to your Fabulously Fit Lifestyle?
TEAMCARE is the name my family and I go by. My wife is as fit and strong as she is a sexy lady. I have a 20 year old son who grew up competing in martial arts and is currently serving our great Nation in the USAF. I also have a 6 year old daughter who has my size, determination and drive and is a complete animal in gymnastics. As a family, we live and breath health, happiness and the search for a better us. My family consisting of Tricia (wife) Michael (son) and Nyla (daughter) have and are the most supportive people I have ever known and are behind me 1000%. Hell my wife prepares all of my meals for me every week. Rain or shine. I am a lucky MOFO!!!!
8. As a super active guy and having multiple interests, how do you make time to juggle everything and also workout? Where does your motivation come from to stay consistent with your fitness and career and strive to assist others with theirs?
As a guy on the go 1st thing I did years ago was prioritize what’s most important. Fitness and a healthy lifestyle are and always will be #1. It is not a passion but a way of life for me and as far as my determination and drive, it stems back from my earliest childhood memories. I simply feel I have a flame that burns within and NO ONE can and will ever put it out. People who meet me see I am a man who just wants to be the best at everything I do 24/7. Words like CAN’T and QUIT are not in my vocabulary.
11. Do you want your children and grandchildren to follow in your healthy and fit footsteps?
I do want and know my children and their children will follow in mine and my wife’s footsteps. We teach them that fitness and nutrition are key roles in a successful life and a successful you. Provide your mind and body the correct elements it needs and bask in it’s rewards.
12. What advice would you give someone (at any age) who wants to transition their life towards a more healthy and fit lifestyle, but doesn’t know where to start?
If I had to give 1 piece of advice to someone no matter what age about becoming a healthier you it would be this. It’s never to early or late to start. Educate yourself. Read, google, and seek professional assistance from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) like Jay, Monica, and Doc. Doc Osborn told me the only stupid ?? is a question that is not asked. I am a firm believer in that statement. Hell, for 20 years I thought I knew it all but now I didn’t know jack shit. After only a few months on Dr. Osborn’s plan/system I am seeing and feeling drastic changes for the better. Every day just gets better. I can’t recommend working with him and Fab Fit Over 40 enough.
13. Any shout outs? Lastly, where can we find you on the Internet?
As far as shot outs. I would like to thank Jay, Monica, Dr. Oz and Melissa for believing enough in me to allow me to be apart of this wonderful transformation. I love surrounding myself with people who are goal driven and want to be the best THEY can be. I feel in my heart I have found a home with Fab Fit Over 40. I am honored and salute you all.
Please google or check the following sites for more about me:
- Utube Ray Cash Care
- Ultimate Soldier Challenge Navy SEALS “Hint we win”
- Check out Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks. I am the SEAL who rescues him at end. I have 3 different scenes
- Check out Warrior on Facebook.
- Facebook Ray Cash Care Former Navy SEAL. Please Friend Request Me.
- www.extremesealexperience.com Where I post workouts and give young men advice and train them to be SEAL
- Skype. Raymond Care Virginia Beach.
Look for much more from Ray as we prepare to launch our S.O.A.R Seminars.
Be the BEST YOU EVER!