Is life too much too handle? Do you find yourself asking, “Why me?”
I for one know life is filled with challenges. It seems when things are going well, something can happen and completely throw us off guard. When challenges arise, do you find yourself asking productive questions?
What is your automatic reaction? Is it:
- Why can’t I get a break?
- What else can go wrong?
- Why does this always happen to me?
- Why am I such a klutz?
- Why can’t I say anything right?
Do those questions help you come up with a realistic solution?
In a selling situation, did you realize the person asking the questions is the one who is in control?
Do you realize you are selling yourself on you daily?
Why don’t you ask yourself more productive questions?
Why are you on “autopilot”? Do you truly desire a better life?
Let’s look at more empowering questions to ask yourself:
- How will this benefit me?
- Who can I be in this process?
- How can I learn from this?
- What can I say next time?
- What can I do differently?
- I wonder what is going on in that person’s life causing them to react in such a way?
I remember when I first started in my sales career. I knew I was the best person for the job. Excitedly, I would go out to interview for the position of winning the sale. When I would walk away after my presentation, I would go through a list of scenarios of why I didn’t get the signature right away:
- Why didn’t you close one more time?
- Why didn’t you look them in the eye?
- Why didn’t you come more prepared?
My head would go through a slew of unproductive questions. As I started to realize the negative way I spoke to myself, I began to make slight changes. I allowed myself to be more in the moment and focus on what the client was saying as I asked more productive questions to myself and the client. Examples would be:
- How can I be more present?
- What are the best closing questions to ask?
- Whats important about moving?
- What are you looking for in the agent you choose to work with?
- What is stopping you from the signing the contract with me tonight?
When you ask yourself “why” questions this can be disempowering. Ask yourself questions which allow you to create productive answers/solutions.
Attitude is everything in life. Your attitude can help you win over the person/job of your dreams. When you allow yourself to create solutions based on productive questions then you are ultimately in control.
So who will you be today to create the life you desire.
Remember, be the BEST you at any age!