I have been thinking about stress lately. We all have the same amount of time in any given day, right?
Why do some people get paid more than others? Is it because they are smarter? Is it because they came from wealth? Is it because they work harder?
Does more stress mean more success?
Have you ever thought about that? How far can you go before you break?
We all seem to have “breaking points”. Points where we feel we need to check out or we will literally want to “kill ourselves”.
We have the day to day stresses of dealing with family, kids, bills, health, work, etc. When does the stress become too much?
Let’s look at it this way: you can work at McDonald’s and make minimum wage dealing with customers placing orders…treating the rudest customers with the utmost respect. At the end of it all, you will only be able to make so much money.
You could work as a financial planner and be responsible for handling high net worth people’s money. Think there would be a bit more stress involved?
How do these people make more? How do they handle their stress?
It comes down to a few things:
- Be ok with criticism. The more you can deal with people coming back at you with their problems and blaming you then the more you will be able to deal with. It doesn’t mean you take it and “own it”. It means you can allow them to have their opinion and then shift them to a different perspective or solutions. Not everyone will love or like you. It’s ok, you gotta like you first and at the end of the day…other’s people’s opinions of you don’t matter unless you make it matter. People will get upset with you. It happens. We all make mistakes and can fall short. Think about what people truly want. They want to work with people who have their best interest at heart. If you truly care about what you do, then it will show and you will shine bright.
- People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care. In any field, there will always be people who know more than you. It happens. At the end of the day, your passion and enthusiasm can carry you further then you realize. Truly care about your client. Be authentically you.
- Don’t be attached to the outcome. Being attached to the outcome could make you look desperate. In sales, we call it “commission breath”. Have you ever walked onto a car sales lot and the person helping you just seemed to care about making the sale. Was it someone you truly wanted to work with? I, personally, hate working with those type of people. The people who go the extra step or help you without them possibly getting paid are so much more enriching to work with.
- Set goals, follow them, and let them go. I see people set goals all the time and they forget about them or just don’t follow them. It has almost become like a fad. Yeah, I have goal. Uh..don’t know where I stand with them, but yeah I have goals. I have also seen people who set goals and get so focused the goal that they forget to enjoy the process. Plus, because they are so consumed they miss their goal. They are stressed they won’t hit their goal and it becomes analysis paralysis. Set your goals, have fun with them and let them go yet check in with them so you know your progress. Know what you will do and do it. Stop being so obsessed that you forget to live.
- Decide what success means to you. We all have different definitions. If it is the money then realize you will have to focus on the money and measure it with how much money you accumulate. This can cause more stress because you will be relying on outside sources. Base your goals on your definition of success. Just because your friend Barbara has a big house with a pool, a Mercedes, a huge walk-in closet filled with clothes, yet she is lonely and still searching for love-doesn’t mean this is success. Ask yourself- Is this your definition of success? It may be Barbara’s definition of success. Allow others to live their own level of success while you achieve your own level.
- Enjoy the journey. Whatever you do. Enjoy it. You never know when you will breathe your last breath. You gonna sweat the small shit? Seriously, relish in the moments. Dance in the rain. Laugh when you fall. Create fun moments through all the different times in your life. What good is it if you aren’t enjoying yourself?
- Stand in your own fucking power. Stop comparing yourself to others. No one lives in your skin. Not one person thinks as you think. I like avocado’s. Jay is allergic and won’t take a bite. So what? Be you, all of you. When you are around people, don’t shrink to their level because you don’t want to feel cocky. There is a difference between cocky and confident. Embrace you without stepping on others.
- Stop complaining. Complaining gets people no where fast. Instead of complaining why not look for solutions. I got shingles recently and let me tell you it sucks balls. I now get sharp pains where my shingles once were and at times I feel like I have bugs crawling in my skin. How long will this last? I don’t know and I don’t give a shit. I will live my life and focus my attention else where when the pain comes. Complaining only magnifies the pain. I choose to breathe through it and allow it to pass. What would you do?
- Educate yourself in your given field of endeavor. The more knowledge you have, the more confidence you can have. If you know more and willing to share more then it will be easy to get the best clients to work with.
- Learn how to delegate. It is challenging to do it on your own. You don’t have to wear the weight of the world on your shoulders. What areas are you strong in? What areas are you weak in? Hire people to do things you aren’t great at. When you are ready and open to help, the right people can and will show up.
- Give Value. How do you know what is valueable? Ask people. Ask your employer. Ask your audience. What do they want? Get out of you and share your knowledge.
I could go on for days, but for now, I like these.
You have any you would like to share? Please email me email@example.com! I would love to hear your thoughts.
The more we share with one another, the more we can help each other shine and be better versions of ourselves.
Learn how to deal with more stress so you can have more success bitches 🙂
Be the BEST YOU EVER!